CD15 is one of markers for Reedsternberg cells.
Staining pattern: Golgi + membrane
Recommended positive control cells: The normal cells listed below or Hodgkin lymphoma cases.
Reactivity in normal tissues: Neutrophils, monocyte, histiocytes, and CMV infected cells (John KC Chan. Tumors in lymphoretiucular system in Flercher et al. Diagnostic histopathology of tumors p1110)
- Mainly used for diagnosis of Hodgkin lymphomas. Reed-Sternberg or Hodgkin cells are positive for this marker in 75% cases(John KC Chan. Tumors in lymphoretiucular system in Flercher et al. Diagnostic histopathology of tumors p1121).
- Anaplastic large cell lymphoma, which may mimic Hodgkin lymphoma, is rarely positive for CD15, but only small population of the cells.
- Histiocytic tumors
- Some leukemic cells
- Various epithelial tumors
- Clear cell carcinoma(CD15+) vs York sac tumor (CD15-)
- Adenocarcinoma (CD15+) vs mesothelioma (CD15-): Use with other more specific markers is recommended
CD15, Hodgkin lymphoma